Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Shabby Chic Table

I purchased this table for $10 at a yard sale and wasn't too keen on the dark wood look so I took a chance and this is how it turned out!
This is the table before (excuse the mess in the background it was a crafting day:)

I first sanded it and roughed it up. (Excuse the blurry picture as well:)

I then used a off white paint that I had on hand and used the dry brush approach and lightly spread paint on the table sparingly.

This is what it looks like. Then I took a more beige white and just kinda spotted it around the table in random places. Next I sanded all the edges and the edges of the drawer and exposed the wood. Lastly I used fruitwood stain and rubbed all over the table then wiped it off to give it a more aged look. Viola!! Shabby Chic Table on the Cheap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment