Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New and Improved Laundry Room

Add caption
This is the weathered wood medium I used. I think I got it from Hobby Lobby
First Paint the door a background color. I chose a pale green. Then apply weathered wood medium and let dry. Try to apply in a even thin coat. When dry it should look shiny.
 Its hard to tell in this picture the weathered detail. After medium dries then apply top coat and only do one stroke applications do not over stroke. Afterwards I traced out my wash letters with pencil and painted them shiny white and attached the painted hardware.
The green bucket is my trash can for the dryer lint ($2) , the sign was a Hobby Lobby find Grant bought for me, and the basket was .25 at yard sale that holds mismatched socks.

Basket that holds my supplies ($1 Dollar General) and the wood sign I made with supplies on hand.


I was tired of having to do laundry in my drab laundry room. I really hate that I didn't take before photos but I really didn't even want to have evidence of that disaster! For the whole entire update I spent the following:
 1. Paint- On hand
2.Wood Distress er- On hand
3. Wash Stencil- Made from Card stock
4. Hardware- Spray painted with on hand spray paint
5. Wooden Shelf- Scrap wood on hand
6. Accessories- $2 Trash Can
$1 Brown Basket with liner (Dollar General) Wooden Basket (.25 Yard Sale)
.25 Drying rack then spay painted it
Washboard- $1
Wooden Sign- Made with things on hand
7. Shelf Brackets- .50 (Salvation Army) Then spray painted white with paint on hand.
So total I spent under $5 for this redo. My next project in here is a new liner for the clothes hamper. So what do you think? Anybody else have any good Laundry room pics?


2 comments:

  1. This turned out great! You did a fantastic job!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Debbie! Im pleased with it=) Your blog is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete